Shop Nasty Gal

Friday, March 19, 2010

Late Afternoon

Being fairly new to the blog game I find myself constantly looking for inspirational sites & new ways to improve my own site so you, my follower's keep coming back for more! The other night I met up with Liz Cherkasova (pictured above) from the highly successful blog Late Afternoon at Scala's near Union Square to get some tips on how to make it in the blog world. Seeing as she has been featured on sites such as, WhoWhatWear, Women's Wear Daily, Elle News Blog, American Apparel & more, it was clear to me that she is no rookie in this game. As sweet as she is stylish Liz gave me some extremely helpful pointers and as I had noticed she was interested in becoming a stylist, I reciprocated by sharing some tips on how to break into the styling world. After one glass of delicious sangria and copious amounts of useful information I left with a new friend & a reminder that it is so important to reach out to those who you share similar interests with. You will be pleasantly surprised that most likely they are willing to share their wisdom with you, if you are willing to just ask :) Check out her site here, style inspiration for dayssss....
Thanks Liz, looking forward to a shopping adventure with you soon! xo


{image via Late Afternoon}

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! I enjoyed reading this post and hope to see more great pics and stories from your blog! Are you based in NY? How long have you been styling for? Good luck and see you around!
    PS it's WhoWhatWEAR :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops..typo :) Thanks Michelle!
    I have been stying for a little over a year now and I am based in San Francisco bay area. Hope you keep reading.
    xo
    gigi

    ReplyDelete