Shop Nasty Gal

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Flea Market Finds!

A few months ago, Justine and I spent our Sunday at the Alameda Point Antiques and Collectibles Faire. This flea market is like no other than I have ever been to and worth the $5.00 it costs to enter! I think i'd even have to say it even comes in first before the Portobello Market in London..I know I know,  it's a long shot but i'm goin' for it! Anyways, a newbie to this market, just ask Justine...I was ooing and aahhing at every booth we passed, and much to her delight, stopping at every booth ;)
A perfect way to spend a lazy Sunday, looking over the beautiful city of San Francisco rummaging through amazing antiques, jewels, fur's, furniture ( I'm definitely furnishing my next apt. with finds from there). I had to stop myself from going overboard and buying too much stuff. Justine stopped me from getting this rad sword that I wanted to gift to someone for Christmas, she said something about it being "dangerous" for me to walk around with it...pfff. Although I did come home with a beautiful new Russian crystal champagne glass to add to my collection, an antique crystal lighter, a sweet necklace that I gave my friend Lindsey for Christmas which was adored with a gun and a charm that said "Ace".  It's pretty fitting, if you knew her you would understand. I also got this antique pocket watch, key and brass stamped G, to make a charm necklace out of! The fair only happens the FIRST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH so make sure next month you don't miss it! It's definitely a gem of a find by the bay if you ask me!

2 comments:

  1. buying/carrying a sword can be dangerous. good advice, justine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi

    I did not know that you have become a flea market crazed girl like me. You must come to the Georgetown Flea Market that is the best ever...better than the Paris Puce(Flea).

    As far as furnishing your place, well that and estate sales is the way to go darling!

    Love you babita.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete