Shop Nasty Gal

Thursday, October 28, 2010

MoMA


Being that prior to this trip I had never visited the MoMA museum, I made it a priority on my list of things to do while in New York. My Aunt Susan, a MoMA regular, helped navigate us around the museum taking us to each floor with the best works of art and exhibitions. I absolutely lovved the abstract expressionist art, I found myself spending time in front of each piece to understand what the artist was trying to depict. Not only was the museum amazing but the MoMA design shop across the street is filled with endless amounts of trinkets to play with and beautiful jewelry. I fell in love with this gold knot necklace along with many other pieces. After the day at the museum, I took the subway over to Brooklyn {yes Alex, I took the subway!} to meet up with my friends Savannah and Victoria for drinks and dinner {I highly recommend Spuyten Duyvil in Brooklyn for a glass of wine or a beer!}. I have been seriously considering making the move from CA to NYC and the fact that I already have great friends who live there makes the decision that much easier. We'll see.... :)

{i was obsessed with this girls shoes and ability to pull off the most adorable black bob, and yes I was semi-stalking her around the museum}

1 comment: