Shop Nasty Gal

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Words Of Wisdom : A Conversation With Diane Von Furstenberg


{Skip to 4:40 for the interview}

In November of 2009 I took a trip to New York with my family {seen here}, and it was the first time I had visited the Empire City since I was about 12 years old. A few weeks before that trip I had just started writing this blog and I began to seriously purse my dream of starting a personal styling business. It was the perfect time to explore one of the most influential fashion capitals of the world to get inspired for both endeavours. During that trip I made it a priority to visit some of my favorite designer's stores, located in the Meatpacking District. Among them was the Diane Von Furstenberg flagship store. While in DVF, I picked up a copy of her book "A Signature Life" and immediately started reading it on the cab ride back to the hotel. Prior to reading her autobiography I was a fan, although it wasn't until after I read her truly empowering story that I became enthralled with her not only as a designer but as a mother, a wife and an entrepreneur. Diane Von Furstenberg has since become my biggest role model in the fashion industry which is why I was so thrilled to come across this conversation she had with Lucky magazine's editor in chief, Brandon Holley at the Lucky Fashion and Beauty Blogger conference in NYC yesterday. This 45 minute conversation is just a teaser {you will have to read her book for the full story of her life} although I encourage all of you to take the time to listen to her uncanny ability to inspire you to become a strong, independent and successful woman in your professional and personal life. 


**Skip to 27:20 to check out her sick new handbag ... seriously, genius. 

1 comment:

  1. What an inspiring woman. I agree - she is a total fashion maven as well as a down to earth rolemodel.

    ReplyDelete