Shop Nasty Gal

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fashion, Fashion, Read All About It....


I picked up my copy of Dian von Furstenberg's, A Signature Life on a recent trip I took to New York at her store in the Meat Packing District. This Biography is such an honest story that was so intriguing I finished the book in less than 48 hours. An all time record for me second to New Moon which was finished in less than 24, pathetic! Anyways, I encourage all young women aspiring to make a name for themselves to read this book. If Dian von Furstenberg does not inspire you...I do not know who will.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen came out with this coffee table book around this time last year. What I like about this book is that, as it does have lots of photos of them in it, it is less about them and more about conversations and interviews they had with a variety of artists, designers, photographers and personalities which have inspired and influenced them,hence the name... Influence . Great gift for any fashionista friend! 

Katherine Power and Hillary Kerr, Celebrity Blog Queen's have put together this book, Who What Wear which includes their tips and tricks on how to:
- Vintage-Shop like a fashion editor.
-Clean out your closet like a stylist.
-Understand a dramatic runway show and transform it into a real-life look.
-Create the perfect outfit for a causal date, corporate job interview, and more!

When I found this book, American Fashion Cookbook, I immediately wanted to buy as many copies I could for all of my girlfriends. Who wouldn't want to learn how to make Isaac Mizrahis Mushroom Truffle Spaghetti? Or Dian Von Furstenberg's famous chicken dish? A perfect gift for your fashionable friend who loves to cook too! 

This book, Fifty Dresses That Changed The World is in a series of four new Design Books, presented by Design Museum and Conran Octopus highlights the timeless dresses from the 1950's until now. This story focus's on the fluctuating change on gender and sexuality as well as economic change in fashion as well as giving amazing insights into the people who wore the dresses + the people who designed them. 
Also check out, 
Fifty Shoes That Changed The World
Fifty Chairs That Changed The World
Fifty Cars That Changed The World

No comments:

Post a Comment